How To Identify Panic Attack Symptoms

No Comments

Panic attack symptoms happen when a person’s anxiety gets out of control. I know the sinking feeling of my anxiety getting out of control and taking over my life. People who do not suffer from panic disorder do not understand how devastating panic attacks can be.

When I first started getting panic attack symptoms they really didn’t bother me too much. As they started to get worse they really started to negatively affect my life. No one seemed to understand the pain and suffering I was going through. People would tell me that I was overreacting and that I was being too sensitive. This made me feel horrible, I mean was there anyone out there to help me? I had never felt so alone and alienated.

The feeling of being alone just increased the frequency of my panic attacks. I mean how could people not understand what I was going through? This was real, the pain and depression I felt were real. This was an extremely dark time in my life. I started thinking that I had some sort a disease, or a tumor, or something! I thought there was no way that anxiety could affect me so bad.

If you think you have a panic disorder, keep an eye of for the panic attack symptoms:

The most common panic attack symptom is the fear of having another attack. I used to dread another attack. I did everything I could to avoid things that could trigger panic attacks. I was in constant fear of my headaches and dizziness. If you find yourself avoiding specific people or places for the fear of an attack, then it is very likely that you are suffering from panic attacks.

Another fairly common panic attack symptom is tingling and numbness through your body. Even though this is a common symptom, it’s best to play it safe and see a doctor.

Feeling smothered is another panic attack symptom. People often feel like the weight of the world is on their chest. People often feel like they cannot breathe. This symptom usually scares people the most. This happens because of the way you breathe when you get anxious.

When you breathe too fast your body’s carbon dioxide and oxygen levels get all out of whack. When you breathe too much and too fast you can experience breathlessness, or you can start to hyperventilate… This used to happen to me a lot and I would think I was choking… It felt like I was being smothered by a pillow.

If you find yourself experiencing these panic attack symptoms then you probably have a panic disorder. The best way to treat these symptoms is through behavior modification. This can be done fairly easily and requires no medication.



Source by RobertWiggins

back to top